Choc Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

I stumbled across a version of these biscuits while pregnant with my second little cherub. I had just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes for a second time and was feeling quite down about it when my dietician showed me this recipe. The only difference now is that I have popped some choc chips in them, because we all know that chocolate and peanut butter go together like birthdays and cake.

What you need...
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/3 cup of caster sugar 
  • 1/4 of milk
  • teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 60g margarine or butter melted
  • 3 tablespoons peanut butter smooth or crunchy (I use smooth)
  • 1/4 cup chopped nuts, I like to use unsalted cashews
  • 1/4 chocolate chips
  • 1 and 1/2 cups plain flour
How you do it...
Beat the egg white and sugar together using your electric beater. Mix together melted butter, milk, vanilla and peanut butter, pour into the egg mixture and stir together. Now add the chopped nuts and choc chips, then fold in the flour.














Now the fun part, dive in and grab some dough, roll into a ball, and place onto your non stick baking tray. You could now use a fork to squish the cookie flat or like me use a super cool cookie press. I quite like big cookies so generally get 14 out of a batch, but by doing smaller balls you could quite easily get 20.  Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15-20min.




1 comment :

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS