Lemon & Almond Cake….Trial Cake Numero Uno

While out and about on our holiday in Perth we had a pit stop at the Sticky Beaks Cafe in Kings Park, While my babes had yummy cookies, and my Hubby had a Bacon and Avo sandwich, I tried the gluten free Almond and Lemon cake, and it was ridiculously yummy, so I have set out in journey to try and achieve something similar.



I had a good search on the net and even enlisted some friend to look for me too…In the end, as I do with a lot of recipes I changed it up a bit and came up with this.

What you need…

  • 1 and 1/4 cups packed of Almond Meal
  • 3/4 cup of packed Light Brown Sugar  
  • 125 gram Softened Butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • zest of 1 Lemon
  • 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
  • 4 Eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Paste
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • Icing Sugar for dusting.


How you do it…

  • Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together
  • Put all ingredients in to a food processor 
  • Wizz it up for about 30 seconds or until the butter is well mixed through
  • Pour out into a greased pan
  • Bake until golden and you can get a clean skewer when testing.
  • Let cool in the pan for at Least 10 mins
  • then turn out onto a rack.
  • Dust with icing sugar and serve.

Fresh out of the oven
Dry ingredients ready to be mixed
Everything wized together


This recipe was ok, but was a little 'eggy' and was not Lemony enough for my liking, it as a great completely GF cake though, and will be a fab option to serve at parties when a few of my GF friends are there.  But I will keep searching for the perfect one, maybe one with a little flour next time to help balance the eggs?????
Happy Baking


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS