Chicken & Corn Soup…Low FODMAP

We are a bunch of sickies here today with lovely snotty noses, when this happens in our house i always turn to making some chicken and corn soup, I know the girls will eat it and who doesn't love some warming soup when you have a cold???

This was my first time having a cold while living a Low FODMAP life, so it was the first time I have make this soups using Low FODMAP friendly stock cubes and it turned out just fine.  The Massel stock cubes I used were found hanging out in the stock section at our local Coles and contain NO garlic and NO onion, making them much more foddy friendly than other stocks, and a much easier and quick option than making up your know stock.





                                                                               
This is an easy soup to make , all you need is
A cooked chicken breast that you can shred
4 cups of water and 4 chicken stock cubes making a litre of stock.
2 cans of creamed corn
The green ends of 2 spring onion finely chopped
An Egg
A teaspoon of minced ginger
Some rice vermicelli noodles

I like to cook my chicken breast in the oven on some grease proof paper and lightly sprayed with some cooking oil, once it is cooked and resting, I put the water and stock cubes into a large soup saucepan over a medium heat, once the cubes are dissolved I add the two cans of creamed corn and give it a good stir with a wooden spoon.  I now shred the chicken with two forks and put it and the spring onion to the soup. After another good stir, I add the ginger and lightly beat the egg, when putting the egg in I stir continuously until it is cooked through, so I don't end up with clumps.  Now with the rice vermicelli you don't really need a lot, I just like to brake off a hand full and throw it in.  One the noodles are all cooked through it all done and ready to serve.







No comments :

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS