Low FODMAP Fajita seasoning.

I love mexican food, in fact I love it so much I would even go as far to say that it is my favourite cuisine.  Since going on my low fodmap diet about 4 months ago our weekly mexican nights became a thing of the past and I only cooked mexi after I had been extremely good and felt I deserved a naughty treat. You see all the packet mixes of seasoning all contained powdered onion and powdered garlic, two of the biggest no noes!  Then I got the bright idea to make my own seasoning, one that is friendly to my dietary needs, honestly I don't know why it had never occurred to me before to do this, not only was it super tasty, but it will work out so much cheaper!! I had to have a little play around with the spices as all home made mixes still used garlic and onion powder, but I think I came up with a winner.  Now I just need to create myself a tasty gluten free tortilla (I'm not overly keen on corn tortillas) and my Mexican loving life will be complete.

So here is my new Low FODMAP chicken fajitas.
Seasoning 

  • 1 tablespoon cornflour
  • 2 teaspoons chilli powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 'Massel 7' chicken stock cube (these cubes are garlic and onion free stock cubes)
Cooking 
Cut up the greens of spring onion and a red capsicum, cover your chicken in the seasoning.
Heat up some garlic infused olive oil and fry off the spring onion and capsicum for a few minutes then remove from the pan.  Add some more garlic infused olive oil and fry the chicken, once cooked through re-add the spring onion and capsicum.  

The perfect filling for a wrap, especially when covered in lactose free cheese!!!

YUM YUM!


1 comment :

  1. Try chickpea/gram flour for your tortillas! Just mix the flour with water, I add spices too and leave for half an hour, then heat some oil in a pan and poor the batter in - the same as pancakes. Gluten free and totally delicious. There are loads of recipes on the internet just search :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS